This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sanguine Sunday

I had every intention of getting this posted up yesterday but with one thing and another, I found myself really struggling to present a unified front to the world. I'm a little better again this morning, so here goes nothing.



Success Stories:
I've spent a bit more time going through some of my things and sorting out what I'm keeping to take with me and what I'm selling/giving away.

Even though I haven't been following my PLEASE skills as well as I perhaps 'should' be, I'm trying to be a little gentle with myself about it.

I went to the dentist (major trigger) to get one of my many dental problems sorted out.

I'm still struggling to make the right choices all the time, and I'm still falling down a lot, but I'm also still trying, and that's worth quite a lot.



Gratitudes List/Things that make me happy:
Music.
Good friends, both near and far.
Giraffes.
Photography.
It's Ekka time again!
Chai tea, and watching my friend's face when she experienced her first taste of it.
All the little notes etc around my room, because they remind me of the people who gave/sent them to me.
My necklace, because it has a heart & flower from my best friend, a heart & flower from one of my closest offline friends, and a giraffe. It also used to have a memento from the lovely River, but I fidgeted with it so much that I broke that off.



Cheer-leading statements:
It''s not disloyal to admit that my family are abusive.
It's okay to feel the way I feel.
Having a hard time doesn't mean that I'm a bad person.
If it's not okay for someone else, then maybe it's not okay for me, either!
The butterfly and the caterpillar don't make liars of each other.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I thought about you this morning when I was in kmart and in the plush toy section there were some plush giraffes. I thought about how cute they were and thought that you would probably like them. Yeah I love Ekka time too as I get a paid day off work on wednesday. I don't actually ever go to the Ekka but love that I get day off :-)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are aware of yourself and are choosing to change your thoughts to positive ones.

    take care,
    CC

    ReplyDelete