This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sanguine Sunday (Oops)

Sooo, once again I'm posting Sanguine Saturday on Sunday because I got distracted. ;) Apparently the hardest weeks to remember are the ones where I'm jumping out of my skin ready on Friday!



Success Stories:
I bought myself a ticket to a The Whitlams concert in January! I've only ever been to two concerts (The Whitlams once and Kenny Rogers once) so it's pretty exciting for me -- and it'll be the first time I've ever gone alone!

I'm three days off three weeks SI free.

I'm three days off three weeks sober.

Went to an appointment I was a bit anxious about.

Told a support worker honestly how I felt about a situation, and what it would mean for me! It was a hypothetical situation, but it was one that really bothered me. (This should have gone in last week's but I forgot it. But I did a very similar thing this week as well.)

Spent time working on some of my goals.

I have seriously cut down the amount of Coca-Cola I drink. Like, from 2 litres to 2 glasses kind of cut down. (I'm not super strict on the number, but the idea is for me to drink soft drink at meals only.)

And... I went to the dentist! And not only did I *go* to the dentist, when they said they couldn't do anything about the one I wanted them to deal with, I agreed to return and see the oral surgeon, and I had them do some of the desperately needed fillings in the meantime.



Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
Skype.
Christmas.
Giraffes.
My hilarious and wonderful friends.
Sarcasm and cheekiness.
Music and singing.
Zuma has come to FaceBook!
Plants vs Zombies.



Cheer-leading statements:
It's okay for not everyone to like me.
It's okay to ask people to treat me with basic respect.
I'm an okay person.
Happiness is an emotion - it doesn't matter whether it's "deserved".
Not everything is my fault or my responsibility.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

5 comments:

  1. well done.
    It really does sound like you are doing really good things and your not just an okay person, to some out there (like me) you are an amazing person, I just hope you learn to believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your successes! I really like how you list your successes, gratitudes/things that make you happy, and cheer-leading statements. I've probably said it before, but this is something I'd definitely like to get into the habit of doing. Thanks for the inspiration once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. :)

    Anonymous: Welcome! I've already stepped up from believing I wasn't exactly even a person through "I'm not the worst person in the world", "I'm not a bad person" and now into "I'm an okay person", so one day maybe. :)

    bpdisme: I really hope you do! In fact, I think I might start ending my Saturday posts with a challenge for readers to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On your SI and sobriety milestones.....Congratulations! That is awesome.

    Cutting down on soft drinks is so hard (I know, because I have been trying to do it too) I like the way that you are trying to limit it to meals. I might try that myself too.

    And I have to echo bpdisme....I love how you did this post!

    Giraffes and Zuma on facebook make me happy too. =)

    "Not everything is my fault or my responsibility" <---I will be saying this to myself this week. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tracie! :)

    I started cutting down on the cola intake because on my trip to the dentist I was told if I didn't, I wouldn't have any teeth by my 30th birthday -- a little scary since that's only two years away!
    The mealtime limit has been really helpful because it means I am still able to drink it but it does keep a real lid on how much I drink. Otherwise I can go through a lot very quickly and not even realise.

    I'm so glad that you've adopted one of my challenge statements. I hope you find it really helpful!

    ReplyDelete