This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sanguine Saturday Back On Track

Phew, I've enjoyed having my real internet back this week, let me tell you!



Success Stories:
I did some work toward achieving a new creative goal I have for myself.
I am starting to face my issues with dressing up/wearing skirts again.
I was honest at my appointment (even though it didn't do me any good).
I addressed something that was bothering me, and I did it in a way that I think was respectful but clear and assertive.
I made a phone call I'd been dreading and was honest in my answers to the person.
I made plans to spend a couple of days with a dear friend who lives some distance away (about three hours on the train).
I organised with my brother to spend some time with my nieces and nephew while they're visiting him over Easter.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Skype.
Giraffes.
Making slightly more solid UK plans.
Books.
Music.




Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
My value is not determined by what anyone else thinks of me.
It's okay to stand up for myself.
I don't have to be perfect to be liked/loved.
I am not my family!
One hour, one minute, one second at a time... I can do this!



Shoot me the link if you post up any version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format, as long as it's positive-focused!) and don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
Jennifer of Magnificasti Mirabilia: created
Sairs of This Lunatic Express: Post 800 - Positivity
Ebullire of Reflections Upon A Brussel Sprout: Tubular Thursday
Lua of Almost Positive: Positives Post



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment:

  1. My value is not determined by what anyone else thinks of me.

    I am taking this as my motto for the week -- as usual you have managed to provide something meaningful and thought-provoking for me in your personal positives post. Thank you, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete