This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Sanguine Saturday

The weather is getting colder - actually, in truth, it has overnight gone from "mm, summer" to "dude, how did winter get here so fast?!" So not impressed, but glad that I have only 20 days of "official" winter this year!

Feeling pretty crap most of the time, mostly I feel like I'm spinning my wheels but staying in one spot all the time. It sucks a bit, but it will pass - all things do, eventually. ;)


Success Stories:
No burning.
The whole week sober.
I've been drinking water (sadly, this is almost as big an achievement as "no burning").
I've been getting lots of exercise - most days this week I've been for at least an hour's walk (but the majority have actually been an hour and a half or two hours).
Even though I didn't "want" to, I followed decent medical care for something.
I made it to two AA meetings.
I survived mother's day.
I survived my stepmother's birthday.
I texted someone from AA when I was having a rough time.
I faced down my panic and showed up to a meeting with the Acute Care team and managed to score myself a medication review.
I've been taking photographs again.
I did a bit of tidying in my room.
I faced my fear enough to reconnect with my ATODS counsellor.
I talked to my support worker about rearranging my time with her so that I could go to one of the local AA meetings.
When something happened that was sending crazy thoughts going through my head, I spoke to the person involved instead of just freaking out and pretending it hadn't happened/avoiding the whole thing.

(For someone who doesn't feel like they've achieved anything this week, there's a pretty big list there... Hmm.)



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
Clean stuffies!
That feeling when something you thought was going to be permanently stained comes out white as snow in a regular wash.
Knowing I finally have a proper medication review coming up.




Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
One day at a time. One moment at a time.
Nothing is forever - this will pass eventually, as long as I let it.
I can survive my feelings, however uncomfortable they are.
Making assumptions about someone's motivations doesn't lead to anything but upset.
It's okay to feel what I'm feeling, I have the emotions I do for a reason.




Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. Finally, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
Lua of Almost Positive with Weekend Positivity
D'Arty of Living In Iowa with Auspicious Weekly Reflections
Ebullire of Reflections Upon A Brussel Sprout with Tubular Tuesday


Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

3 comments:

  1. As always, thanks for sharing! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! If you're interested in accepting, check out my bog to learn how:
    http://bpdisme2.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/versatile-blogger-award-d/

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I heard about your Sanguine Saturday/Positives through Sairs' blog. Wanted to give you a shout out on mine. I love them. I think I want to continue to use them in my blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bpdisme2: Aw, thank you! I'm not sure how I feel about that award, so I don't know if I'll post it up, but thank you for nominating me! :)

    M: Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you've taken up the challenge, I hope you find it really helpful for you. It's so exciting seeing new people take it on board and give it a go! I'm looking forward to adding you to the list (although if you don't want to be on there, just give me a hoi back and let me know).

    ReplyDelete