This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sanguine Saturday

How was your week? Mine was pretty full on again - I had a fair few appointments, a friend joined me for Jazzercise and I explored rather too many stores. Three of those appointments this week were with Sonia, my Spychologist. Things with her are going really well, I think. I like her more every week and I think she's an even better fit than I thought in the beginning. My sessions are hard, but I am being very open and honest with her, although I've had a few moments of insecurity about things.



Success Stories:
No burning.
No drinking.
No SI overdoses.
In fact, no SI at all! (Can't risk my new tattoo!)
I was able to be flexible enough to allow some changes into my week's "plan".
I posted in From Another Angle every day (except today, but I'll be sorting out a post there once I post this).
I made banana bread and it worked.
I tidied my room.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
Friends.
Fruit.
Music.
Productivity.
Corsets! (Thanks to my adventure catching the wrong bus, I now own two!)
QI! Only 4 more sleeps!


Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
I can cope with anything I choose to.
Thoughts and feelings aren't facts.
"Not right now" is not the same as "never again". Be patient.



Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. Finally, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
River of My Verse with Great Things



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment