This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sanguine Saturday

Apparently it's Saturday again already. I'm very unwell at the moment, forgive the briskness of this week's Sanguine Saturday. (And please also forgive anything that makes little sense.)



Success Stories:
I had better posture at Jazzercise this week -- not, unfortunately, a better grasp of the moves, but still!
My ATODS worker and I decided together that I'm ready to begin tapering off my sessions as I am doing quite well with managing my alcohol problem.
I asked my doctor about going on a care plan so that I could get my teeth fixed and he began to put that in the works.
After speaking to my nurses and arranging ways of making it as bearable as possible, I booked an appointmet to have a (terrifying but 'necessary') health procedure done.
I followed through with my appointment and actually had the procedure done.
Afterwards, I went shopping to distract myself instead of ruminating.
I attempted to attend Pub Trivia with my friend, and when it was cancelled by the Pub, I came up with an alternative plan!
I've been wearing "girly" clothes, and things that actually show skin.
I helped my mum out by making a 100th birthday card for her to send to someone she knows.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
Op shops, because then I can have "new" clothes without having to pay a fortune.
Fruit.
I have the two best nurses in the history of the universe ever.
Christmas is coming.



Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
Feelings aren't facts. Nor are thoughts.
Things aren't always what they seem. Reality check.
I am safe.



Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. Finally, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
Lua of Almost Positive with Weekend Positivity



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Chrysalis, always reading but haven't piped up for a while. Sending lots of hugs to you while you are poorly. I hope you feel a lot better very soon. xx P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, my friend. Personally, I find it hugely inspiring that you were still able to post your weekly Sanguine Saturday entry despite feeling so horrible! Go opposite action! I know this is something that would be extremely difficult for me to do in such a situation and I hope that I could be as courageous and strong as you! :) *hugs* be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon too. You will be in my thoughts! Sounds like though, although you feel awful, you are able to sit in it, which is awesome. Pushing on when you feel crap can really feel like crap. Keep on going, I hope it gets better.
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you ladies are lovely, thank you. I wasn't exactly feeling horrible, I was just aware I wasn't well. (Not really sure if that makes sense?)

    I very much appreciate the support and your thoughts, though!

    (And I am definitely less unwell today. Fingers crossed for enough improvement by tomorrow that my therapy session will go much more smoothly.)

    ReplyDelete