This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sanguine Saturday

Phew, another busy day! I've been sorting out Christmas presents over the last few days, and hanging out with a mate, which has been great.

I'm not sure if I'll be around for next week's post, I'm thinking of going away for a bit without my laptop this week, and I'm not sure if I'll go for just a couple of days or if I'll take a week (or more!). If I'm not around a computer to post on Saturday, I'll just have to write one up and type it at a later date.



Success Stories:
I went to a movie with my mate and chose the movie. Which didn't turn out to be the best choice I could've made, but I think he's forgiven me anyway. ;) (He'll just have to choose next time!)
I followed health care directions, even though I really wanted to do the exact opposite.
I managed to do a couple of things that were extremely difficult for me.
When trivia was cancelled again, I didn't play the avoidance game by telling Liz not to come.
I came up with suggestions on what to do as an alternative.
I baked a (healthier) apricot and walnut loaf for my mum's friend to take to work, and everyone said it was great.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
Christmas is nearly here!
Pretty earrings.
Pretty clothes.
Apple and cinnamon flavoured rice cakes!




Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
It's okay to do something towards looking after my health.
Neither feelings nor thoughts are facts.
It's okay to let someone do something nice for me sometimes.




Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. Finally, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
Lua of Almost Positive with Weekend Positivity
Sairs of This Lunatic Express with Positive Friday



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I like your list and especially that you are advocating for yourself more, well done :) you should be really proud of you!
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete