This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Very Late Sanguine Saturday!

Oops. I forgot to take my laptop with me when I stayed over Adam's after my birthday... then didn't make it home until last night, whereupon I forgot to post!

Things are still going okay for me, despite "reality" and "the crazy" reasserting itself around the new things in my life - which is as expected. And for once I'm taking a much healthier approach and actually *talking* about things with my partner.
There were some hurts around my birthday, but on the whole the day was probably the best I've had in many years, for which I'm very grateful. Now it's the aftermath and that's not as bad as normal either, so I'm feeling more positive than I usually do about how things will go over the next little while.

The one big blight on things at the moment is that my unlimited sessions with my psychologist ran out and I'm now only able to get a maximum of 18 sessions with her this year - maybe even less. However, plans to move are stepping forward, with a few small changes that I'll be discussing with Sonia next time I see her before implementing, but if she thinks it's doable, it's something we'll look into within the month.



Success Stories:
Still no self harm
When a situation was upsetting me, I spoke to Adam and we left.
I spoke to the nurse about something very uncomfortable for me.
I'm continuing to explore and push at my boundaries (carefully)
I'm changing how I deal with things (into more constructive/positive coping techniques).



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Feeling safe.
Adam.
Hope!
Fairy floss.
Beating Adam at the car racing (arcade). :p
Teasing and playing and having fun.



Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
It's okay to explore who I am. It's okay to have likes, dislikes and even *wants*.
Letting myself be loved and cared about isn't a bad thing.
It's okay to make healthier choices for myself.




Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment