This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Wave of Light


Anyone who's been following a while probably knew what this post was going to be the instant they saw I updated today, but for those of you who don't know what the Wave of Light is, let me explain.

Approximately 25% of all pregnancies ends in miscarriage, which when combined with rates for stillbirth & deaths that occur shortly after birth, means that 1 in every 3 pregnancies ends in loss. One out of every three families that are beginning to prepare to welcome a new life into the world and their family will instead find themselves saying goodbye far too soon. In honour and remembrance of all the babies lost to pregnancy loss or shortly after birth, people all around the world light a candle at 7pm local time, and leave it burning for at least an hour.

At the beginning of this post, you can see my candles, rose quartz crystals and a simple 'ornament' I made in grieving the loss of my daughter. This year I have four candles -- the butterfly shaded candle is for my daughter, my son has the simple (undecorated) holder until I find one more suited to him, and the pink & blue butterfly holders are for the female and male children/babies lost around the world.

For many years this has been a day of heartbreak for me. Such a pointed reminder of the children I've lost has, in the past, left me a little bit broken as I grieve all over again. This year, I'm pleased to say that although the sadness is there (leading me to be perhaps a little more irritable than usual), I am not broken. I grieve but there is peace and hope there.








And for those of you with Facebook, you're welcome to use this last one as a cover photo if you'd like.


In love and memory of Elyssami Faith and Mykelti Noah, and all the little children taken too soon.

Have you or someone in your life suffered a pregnancy or or early infant loss? Please feel free to share your child's name and their story in the comments and know that my heart goes out to you.

2 comments:

  1. Christopher Eric, 1990
    Gerard Jacob, 1994

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrysalis, thank you for commenting on my blog but it isn't my blog (pixie, cloud illusions)! Some idiot unknown to me has pinched my old address. I have reported it just in case it is an attempt at an impersonation, but unless they write anything, there is not much I can do. Regardless, I am not there. But you can find me here:

    http://nice-aninstant.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx N (Pixie) :)

    ReplyDelete